Bandit 1200 cam chain idler with gsxr cams?

GixxerDale

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question , bought a bandit 1200 mk1 engine to replace the tired 1127 engine I have in my slabby, took the cam cover off and immediately noticed that the bandit engine does not have a cam chain idler wheel as my  1127 GSXR engine does. My question is , I have some 1052 GSXR cams to drop in (changing the sprockets), I was assuming that these would bolt straight in, but the timing for these etc in the manuals I have for GSXR engines are with the idler wheel, do I need to fit one when bolting in to a bandit engine? if I do I assume there would be a specific model to use as the cam chain on the bandit is different I believe?  if I do not have to use an idler, I assume I have to use the bandit timings rather than the GSXR manual settings?

Nope. No idler wheel in B12 motors and none needed. Don't think it would work anyway since the camchains are hyvo type on bandits. You have to use the bandit cam wheels on the gsxr shafts to match the bandit timing chain. Then set up the rotor and set up the cam wheels in their correct position and count out the correct amount of links for the bandit 12 (bandits correct timing). ;)

• Like 3