Wastegate hits frame

Hi all, currently piecing together my turbo b12. It uses the stock internal wastegate, but the actuator rod hits the front crossmember when bolted to the manifold. I can unscrew it from the turbo and get it to sorta fit on there, but i was wondering if anyone used the stock wastegate and how they mounted it. My first though is to ziptie the hell out of it, but it seems too important of a part of redneck into place. Any suggestions? It's a td05. Thanks. 

(The reason it hits is I had to rotate the compressor housing for the outlet tube to clear the manifold pipes)

10 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Part of Turbo Install juggling act!  I still use an internal gate on mine which has some hybrid TD04/05 but it was hung first then everything built around it to suit - might have a piccy . .. . . . . Sorry doesn't show much!

GSXR 1100 012.jpg

Right. That bike looks amazing. Believe it or not, I just found the proboost kit recommends cutting that brace out of the frame. Not something I'd like to do, so I think I'll mount it to the side of the frame using clamps. Thanks.

As a side note, are you using a relay for your fuel pump? 

On 6/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Oh yeah - a virtual necessity if the ECU is controlling it!

Ah right, EFI

I'm still using carbs, but went with one to relieve the stock harness from carrying the load. Also makes it simpler to wire in the boost and AFR gauge. 

At this point all I need to do is wait for an oil pan on the mail and connect the fuel lines. Looking forward to see what breaks first on the first ride lol