Conrods

'Degree'd in' - never heard that term relating to con rod bolts ! Also ive never seen any spec's or recommendations for replacement - certainly in a stock engine that isn't being continually buzzed to the max, they are lifetime fitments IMO. But if they are subject to high stresses a lot and you do annual tear down inspections - measure a new set length (fitted and torqued), and compare the used ones to that figure. I'd replace any that have additional stretch more than 2-3 thou. - they are cheaper than blocks and pistons!

The engine only has 50k on it the reason for the check I did a compression check on the motor as its been sitting on a stand for a while i checked all four barrels twice then realised there was no oil in the sump as I had swapped out the sump pan 8 years previous  the engine was never started just spun over from the starter motor  I've seen vidios that show you torque up the conrods to the book then tighten up to say 70 degrees but there's nothing in the Manuel Some say the bearings probably still be OK but I'm not so sure