1994 GSX-R 750 California Spec EVAP Questions

I just purchased a 94 750 with 2400 miles. It is a time capsule aside from the fuel system needing rebuilding. It does have an an aftermarket exhaust. Unfortunately I did not know it was a California spec bike. I removed all the Evap components with ease so I'm looking to order block off plates on the heads. Can I just remove the tubes on the bottom of the carbs or will there be some leaking. Also I have to rebuild the carbs and it appears part number 13417-17E20 Spring x2 and 09494-00789 emulsion tube (P-1) is no longer available. I tried every usually vendors. Does anyone experiance with removing the evap system, will the bike run right without it after putting the carb and exhaust back to stock setting.

The carb numbers are 17E4

IMG_1928 (3).jpg

Swimming pools, movie starsO.o Where are you based? If not in Californi the obvious way forward would be to fit a non-Californi set of carbs. They are often on eb@y and are relatively cheap because they don't fit oil cooled engines. Be careful to not overpay as some sellers clearly hide the fact they are from a W model to rip off those who want a 38mm upgrade for an oil cooled bike.

• Like 1

Check his profile! The geezer is in New York USA.

From what i've read Cali carbs are completely different to the rest of the states in terms of the smog shit fitted and also theinternals,  jetting and carb set up! To convert looks to be a shed load of work / money - i'd buy another set of 'non Cali' carbs!