Gs650 exhaust on gs700

Does anyone here know if the exhaust ports are the same size and spaced the same on a gs650 and a gs700? I  am only asking cause I am a cheap bastard and have a 4 into 1 from a 650 and was wondering if it would fit the 700 motor. Thank you

Edited by OleDirtyDoc
Big fat Stoopid fingers

If you have the parts try it then you can tell us xD

One way to see if you're in the ball park have a look on the bay and see if the 650 and 750 zorst gaskets are the same size or not ;)

Didn't think the 650 down pipes fit the 750 because of the length, but I may be wrong on that one as it's been a long time since I've played with a 650/750 

2 hours ago, wraith said:

If you have the parts try it then you can tell us xD

One way to see if you're in the ball park have a look on the bay and see if the 650 and 750 zorst gaskets are the same size or not ;)

Didn't think the 650 down pipes fit the 750 because of the length, but I may be wrong on that one as it's been a long time since I've played with a 650/750 

Lol. I thought I'd ask first as the 650 is buried DEEP inside my storage unit

• Like 1

I'll try to do some checking today.  I have two 650 exhaust systems: stock system off a shaft drive model and a 4-into-1 off a chain drive model.  This might help me out as well; my 82 GS750E ( I think it's called GSX750 most places outside the US) needs an exhaust system.  Your bike is a GS700, so it would be 84-86.  I assume your 700 engine has similar external dimensions to my 82 750.  A new stainless Delvic full exhaust is available for my 750 for under $400, might be available for yours too.   

4 hours ago, Poldark said:

I'll try to do some checking today.  I have two 650 exhaust systems: stock system off a shaft drive model and a 4-into-1 off a chain drive model.  This might help me out as well; my 82 GS750E ( I think it's called GSX750 most places outside the US) needs an exhaust system.  Your bike is a GS700, so it would be 84-86.  I assume your 700 engine has similar external dimensions to my 82 750.  A new stainless Delvic full exhaust is available for my 750 for under $400, might be available for yours too.   

Yes the 700 was the tariff model of the gsx750 the rest of the world got. Thank you. The 4into1 I have is on a shaft model. And, as it figures with everything I need in life, it is currently buried in the back of my storage unit. Lol. As for the $400 part, I'm a cheap bastard

Edited by OleDirtyDoc

I checked.  The exhaust port spacing is different between my 750 and the 650.  Maybe the pipes could be bent slightly to match?  The spacing between the bolt holes might be a little off too.  Checked headers from GSX600F; ports line up but down pipes are too short and bolt spacing is off.  I'm cheap too, but there's a breaking point somewhere.

On 6/27/2020 at 3:32 PM, Poldark said:

I checked.  The exhaust port spacing is different between my 750 and the 650.  Maybe the pipes could be bent slightly to match?  The spacing between the bolt holes might be a little off too.  Checked headers from GSX600F; ports line up but down pipes are too short and bolt spacing is off.  I'm cheap too, but there's a breaking point somewhere.

Thank you