Rattle vibration problems

paddle

Hi got my old project up and running (inazuma 1200 )after it's been sitting at the back of the garage for 6 months .the bike starts fine and runs great when it's cold but took it out today and while sitting in traffic noticed a real harsh rattle when I revved the engine seems to come from the rocker cover area it has also developed alot of vibes at 3-4 k rpm .It has been really hot today 30+ degrees is this just normal noise for a very hot oil cooled engine the bike has done 32k miles.i took it out a few hours later and the vuibes are still there up to 4k rpm and the harsh rattle started again when it got hot 

If the oil is overheated (not good) then lubrication is lost and metal to metal contact is likely! Top ends are susceptible as farthest from pump and hottest part of engine. I'd seriously have a look under the rocker cover before using it again - a rattle is never a good noise! 

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

If the oil is overheated (not good) then lubrication is lost and metal to metal contact is likely! Top ends are susceptible as farthest from pump and hottest part of engine. I'd seriously have a look under the rocker cover before using it again - a rattle is never a good noise! 

Ok thanks for your reply sounds sweet when it's cold started it this morning I will take the top off and look