Best air cooled??

Ladies and Gentlemen, I know this will be a contentious question with as many answers as there are bikes, but which is the best for a spot of CRMC proddy racing??? 

regs say 1973 to 1986 un modified, basically standard road bike with brake hoses, road legal race can and new shocks,:)

which ones have decent wheel sizes to get proper tyres for?? EFE has 16 inch front doesn't it, is that the most powerful, as I'm not as slim as I used to be:$:$:$  and the more power the better??? anything cheap out there,, and what's an 1100 ez like??? can you get 19 inch race tyres???:/

I'm used to big unwieldy bikes on the track as I stupidly raced a bog standard 1200 bandit in the streestocks for 3 years 15 years ago, so I  am well used to coming at the back as I was rubbish at t, BUT it was the most fun I've ever had so am thinking about another go before I'm too old and worn out and cant get me leg over anymore............................

Any advice will be gratefully received and probably ignored if something really cheap turns up:D:D

Guest YoshiJohnny

need 17 or 18 inch wheels ideally for the choice of tyres...hate to say it but the GSX11s and such are not as quick as the FJ1100 which won the last 2 years IIRC and THEY can still be found pretty cheap.. I have tried to get the CRMC to allow GSXR1100s in but restrict them by carb size or something so they don't romp away with it.. they don't seem to be for moving even though they WERE available in 1986.

Ant reckons the 750s aren't far off the pace of the 1100 on short circuit anyways Gary...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I know this will be a contentious question with as many answers as there are bikes, but which is the best for a spot of CRMC proddy racing??? 

regs say 1973 to 1986 un modified, basically standard road bike with brake hoses, road legal race can and new shocks,:)

which ones have decent wheel sizes to get proper tyres for?? EFE has 16 inch front doesn't it, is that the most powerful, as I'm not as slim as I used to be:$:$:$  and the more power the better??? anything cheap out there,, and what's an 1100 ez like??? can you get 19 inch race tyres???:/

I'm used to big unwieldy bikes on the track as I stupidly raced a bog standard 1200 bandit in the streestocks for 3 years 15 years ago, so I  am well used to coming at the back as I was rubbish at t, BUT it was the most fun I've ever had so am thinking about another go before I'm too old and worn out and cant get me leg over anymore............................

Any advice will be gratefully received and probably ignored if something really cheap turns up:D:D

Wasn't you that used to jump the mountain at Cadwell, land on the back wheel, then wheely off into the distance?