GS1000e/GS1000s

Swirl

The engines are exactly the same, as is almost everything else, on the UK 1979 SN and EN models.

The differences are: fairing, clocks, oil temp sender, paint, rear wheel is thinner on the S, the tank has no badge mounting points.

The 1980 ST has more differences (rearset pegs, shorter silencers) but was not imported into the UK. The US ST had CV carbs like the ET.

The Aussie ST was different again with slightly hotter cams, big slide carbs, different paint job and normal ET clocks.

That's about it.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gs7_11 said:

The engines are exactly the same, as is almost everything else, on the UK 1979 SN and EN models.

The differences are: fairing, clocks, oil temp sender, paint, rear wheel is thinner on the S, the tank has no badge mounting points.

The 1980 ST has more differences (rearset pegs, shorter silencers) but was not imported into the UK. The US ST had CV carbs like the ET.

The Aussie ST was different again with slightly hotter cams, big slide carbs, different paint job and normal ET clocks.

That's about it.

Got this coming in for a long term project

Screenshot_20200406-204015_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, BigT said:

You guys S models didn't have an 18" rear wheel, as opposed to the E 17" wheel?

Yes, I should have said that when I said thinner.

A few have 17 inchers fitted by owners as the 120 x 18 looks a bit anaemic! I did that on mine in 2001 so I've kept it that way.

27 minutes ago, gs7_11 said:

Yes, I should have said that when I said thinner.

A few have 17 inchers fitted by owners as the 120 x 18 looks a bit anaemic! I did that on mine in 2001 so I've kept it that way.

Mine will have modern running gear on, but thanks for the info guys 

• Like 1