Yet another engine combo?

gsx-f__k

Hi guys.

I have and idea, probably insane one and that's why i'm asking.

I have 1992 GSXF 748 and 1998 B12 1998 engines, i'm going to use B12 cases, transmission and crank in another project and get new block for it.

I'd like to use head (DOT), cases, transmission and crank of 748 with B12 block and pistons.

B12 piston pin size is different (IIRC 18mm vs 20mm) and rods are too big from big end.

B12 block is also taller than 748 so 748 rods won't work either, so i thought using custom rods on this beast.

Question is:

If i get matching custom rods what it will make, 955 or 1157 or something else? Will 748 crank make it? I won't be using turbo or nitrous on this engine.

Other options would be using B12 crank in 748 cases, IIRC it should fit or boring 748 to 955 (79mm).

Any suggestions?

Hi guys.

I have and idea, probably insane one and that's why i'm asking.

I have 1992 GSXF 748 and 1998 B12 1998 engines, i'm going to use B12 cases, transmission and crank in another project and get new block for it.

I'd like to use head (DOT), cases, transmission and crank of 748 with B12 block and pistons.

B12 piston pin size is different (IIRC 18mm vs 20mm) and rods are too big from big end.

B12 block is also taller than 748 so 748 rods won't work either, so i thought using custom rods on this beast.

Question is:

If i get matching custom rods what it will make, 955 or 1157 or something else? Will 748 crank make it? I won't be using turbo or nitrous on this engine.

Other options would be using B12 crank in 748 cases, IIRC it should fit or boring 748 to 955 (79mm).

Stroke is determined by the crank not the length of the con rod ....

I basically knew stroke is determined by crank,

just wanted to ask to be sure.

I could use B12 whole engine with dot head, but i have other plans for it and i have 750 engine wich i can use for this.

750 engine isn't worth much so selling it and buying another B12 engine is not first choice here for me..

So swapping custom rods, B12 crank or bore 748 block?

With B12 block heat would not be a problem for sure.