Forks.....

Guest YoshiJohnny

USDs were introduced to lessen flex but to be honest both types work. Just get them sprung and set up well and either will do.

For me and it's just a personal thing ...I like RWU forks because (even though I have all the tools for doing both) they are easier to replace fork seals quickly, in situ if need be.

The Slab forks aren't cartridge forks (old damper rod forks), the rwu 750j/k forks were the first to have properly adjustable cartridge forks. The 750l/m have fully adjustable cartridge forks, with rebound and compression damping adjustment in the fashionable usd design. I seem to remember that the Slabby forks are longer than most ? someone ?

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with finding any period forks where the Compression adjuster screw at the bottom will turn.

Brass into Ally is usually goosed permanently by now. The good news is that the screws of this generation did next to fack all anyway.

Spring rate, preload and airgap much more important to get right.

Damping rates can be modified a little with blended fork oils, but is not very intuitive. I could go into it, but is hyper boring and really doesn't give you much return.

• Like 1