Big bore gsxr & clutch

Thomas

E181A672-D07A-4A3C-8719-A18DE1D56A3E.jpeg.9c17d578cb91f0f8b42e88ef1a894a21.jpegHi

My 1316 is soon ready from engine builder,its based on a 1052 and built for max hp.

(ported,bigger valves,cams,hi comp,wiseco,keihin41,yoshi pipe,dyna ignition)

I have yet to decide on the clutch as i think it wont last long..

As this is nothing new i would like to hear what the best way forward is,there must be many here that been there done that!

Been adviced to convert to a 1127 clutch but then i need a gearbox as well? Or lock up clutch?

I will use it on the street and just race with buddies for fun!

Pic from last summer with 1166 (?) engine.

//T

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 2

Clutches 1052 / 1127 are essentially the same parts although the later 1127 changed their springs to diaphragm type (and the primary gears are different). They are both capable units and can withhold upto 160-180hp N/A hp............ Turbo torque does them in at much lower hp in my experience. If N/A and application as described, some HD springs should cope - racers like the 4 coil spring type clutch from the 1052 motors as it is more 'tunable' but both will work. If a turbo was fitted then a lock-up is almost mandatory but you may have to cut holes in that nice fairing to accommodate LOL!