Is this a 750 exhaust?

Crass

I'm interested to know what the Devil exhaust on my 750L Slingy is off as I've been told that Devil never made a system for this bike.  It's a 4-2-1 with stainless headers, link pipe and can seem to be aluminium.  It's unbaffled but not particularly rude at town revs, although it gets nicely fruity higher up.  The link pipe is engraved 'DEVIL 0046 TPSI 3679 Made in France' and the can is stamped 'E13 4738' on the bracket.  It's not marked as a race system but neither does it have E / BSAU markings.  Any ideas?

004.thumb.JPG.30ff3eb2045835b5777ee5f3eb

No, doesn't matter as such, I was wanting to know out of interest what it is actually from if it is true it's not made for the 750.  But as Doobs says, the 1100 zorsts I've seen on 750s hang much lower off the sump and foul the bellypan - no probs on mine, which makes me think this is for the 750.  But they're not supposed to exist :/.  Maybe the headers don't go with the can?  Genuine 750 stainless headers from something else with the link pipe and can (from an 1100?) grafted on?

Edited by Crass
Another thought
  • 1 year later...

Thread resurrection as I have now got round to removing the can, as I'm planning on replacing it with a A16 carbon fibre one.  I can now see inside the link pipe and there are no baffles, it's just straight through with silencing material around the circumference, as you can see from the pics.  The link pipe is pretty big bore at 76mm OD (but this is a bit misleading as the silencing is taking up a lot of that bore).  I'll have to have a can inlet made up to measure with that size link pipe.  The can itself weighs a ton.

The A16 cans come with a removable baffle.  As the fuelling was spot on with this exhaust on (not baffled) I suspect I will need to leave the baffle out of the A16 can to match the Devil.  I'll try it with it in but I'm guessing it won't be right.

I don't really like the sound of the Devil, it's a bit fluffy at other than high revs.  I have an A16 can on another bike and it sounds good, performs well and has been very good quality.

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

Ok, I was thinking the baffle was like the removable thingumyjig that slips in the end of a can and blocks the bore to reduce dB.  Tis what the zorst manufacturers often market as 'removable baffle'.  No, pretty sure the link pipe is stainless as you say but I reckon the can is alloy.  There is evidence it used to be painted black originally, which has been polished off.  The spout is stainless.