Gsxr1100k fork stanchion fork tube

wraith

Dose anybody know what the service limit is on the fork tube/stanchion is?

In mm if poss xD just my fork seals keep leaking, I replaced them last year with new bushes did about 300 miles and noticed a film of oil on the legs, put the bike away for the winter, got the bike out last weekend and found one of the legs had large amount of oil down the leg. There is no pitting on the forks, so thinking the chrome is worn past the limit?

I don’t think there’s a service limit the manual states check outer tube for scuffing doesn’t give any tolerances but I’ve had the same problem on a few of my bikes(1100K,RGV and slabby )all had new seals left them to stand and had one of the legs weaping  oil even though the seals were new and genuine Suzuki maybe old stock.

Only leaking on one fork leg always the rh and in all cases hadn’t ridden them much before leaving to stand,maybe it’s a coincidence.

All my forks are 20 plus years old the same as yours and weren’t leaking before I put new seals in only changed them originally for piece of mind.

I only changed the weaping ones used slinky glide kits and not had the problem since the slabby has had them in for 3 years until recently.

Edited by Simbec1863
1 hour ago, Simbec1863 said:

I don’t think there’s a service limit the manual states check outer tube for scuffing doesn’t give any tolerances but I’ve had the same problem on a few of my bikes(1100K,RGV and slabby )all had new seals left them to stand and had one of the legs weaping  oil even though the seals were new and genuine Suzuki maybe old stock.

Only leaking on one fork leg always the rh and in all cases hadn’t ridden them much before leaving to stand,maybe it’s a coincidence.

All my forks are 20 plus years old the same as yours and weren’t leaking before I put new seals in only changed them originally for piece of mind.

I only changed the weaping ones used slinky glide kits and not had the problem since the slabby has had them in for 3 years until recently.

Not heard of slinky glide kits?

My leaky fork is the lh one, this has happened 3 times now, first time (both forks weeping) put down to old seals, second time (the next year) after replacing with OEM seals, leaking, replaced mid summer last year.

7 hours ago, wraith said:

Not heard of slinky glide kits?

My leaky fork is the lh one, this has happened 3 times now, first time (both forks weeping) put down to old seals, second time (the next year) after replacing with OEM seals, leaking, replaced mid summer last year.

It’s a strange one all my leaky seals where OEM to.

wemoto sell slinky glide they make cables to as well as fork seal kits

• Like 1