94 gsx400 impulse engine swap

Hi there new to the forum, I have just got hold of a 1994 gsx400 impulse that im hoping to get mot'd in time for winter (she is a bit ratty). I love the looj of the bike though and I'm looking at giving her some nore omph in the future. Does anybody know if the water cooled bandit engine are a similar size? Or would an oil/air cooled lump fit? Any sugestions would be appreciated. 

Interesting. The impulse tank at 18L (I think) would be a really useful upgrade over my 13L 550 tank. It's 4 inch shorter and the front mounts a good bit wider, so possible.

The gsxr750L front engine mount outside faces are approx 18 cm apart. It's approx 30 cm from that bolt vertically up to the top of the carb level,  that being the highest point of the unit.

It's 23 cm to top of front of rocker cover. And 25 on a b6 engine which doesn't seem right but it's hard to get at to measure proper.

The rear mounts outer face are approx 16 cm apart at top and 11 horizontaly  at the bottom they are 18 cm vertically apart from one another. 

The front , and rear upper,  mount is 36cm  apart.  I hope these measures are enough to give you a rough idea , I don't think they would pass an engineers scrutiny !