'03 gsxr600 running gear on an EFE?

Stumbled upon a good deal for the running gear off an 2003 gsxr 600 roadracing bike. Has some fancy brakes and allegedly upgraded suspension.

Does anyone know if the gsxr600 swingarm are any beefier than the efe one? How about the length? Quite a difference in wheelbase... Will the 600 shock be any good? (probably have to change the spring) Making a new shock mount is no big deal, I'm going to weld the frame for reinforcements anyway. 

I ask on here because I've moved to study and didnt take the bike, so can't measure anything... 

Edited by Ådne95
  • Like 1

Yes it will all fit. The arm is shorter which can't be a bad thing & is beefier than the Gsx. Measure the position of the links on the Gsxr as you will need to try & replicate these on the Gsx. 

Chain alignment will be wrong & the wheel & carrier will need machining along with an offset front sprocket & 520 or 525 chain. Srad wheels are easier to fit though.

Front end will fit but will be too short so you will have to engineer a solution. 

None of this is bolt on, are you sure you want the hassle?

Edited by coombehouse
10 minutes ago, coombehouse said:

Yes it will all fit. The arm is shorter which can't be a bad thing & is beefier than the Gsx. Measure the position of the links on the Gsxr as you will need to try & replicate these on the Gsx. 

Chain alignment will be wrong & the wheel & carrier will need machining along with an offset front sprocket & 520 or 525 chain. Srad wheels are easier to fit though.

Front end will fit but will be too short so you will have to engineer a solution. 

None of this is bolt on, are you sure you want the hassle?

Thank you for the answer! ;) Just worried it'll look kinda weird if the swingarm is much shorter? Could lengthen it but I'm no good at alu welding.

Will be a "full scale" project build anyway so I think I'm prepared for the hassle. I really enjoy machining so thats the least of the problems:D

Not going to use the forks off the gsxr600, I want USD forks :)