New slabby racer

downtheshed

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, downtheshed said:

Two more practice laps this morning after a little maintenance. Banged  in an a 110mph  lap and 155 mph thru the speed trap. Few repairs before race on Monday.  

Well, this was the end of this years Classic TT for us. Do to bad planning and the weather with two classic races compressed into Monday afternoon, Dave, the rider broke down at the Creg on the 350 Hon** and was unable to get back to the pits for the start of the superbike. 30 mins between end and start of the races is extreme in my eyes, asking riders to do 7 laps on two different machines, in a few hours and most riders are not in their twenties.!! But enough of my moaning, all in all it was a great learning experience and the bike went well as the time/speed above shows. With few issues, hitting the bellypan, bottom of Bray Hill , and sticky throttle slides and return, into Ballaugh bridge of all places!! Dave had a personal target of a 112mph lap, his supertwin speed, which I feel he would have achieved, going by the above lap times and the traffic on course during practice. 

So plans include engine refresh, shock rebuilds etc and new colour scheme etc , so onwards and upward for next year. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...