Slabby 750 jetting

cullinoc

Guest YoshiJohnny

105s (mikuni) would be a good start point, raise needles a clip or 2 and adjust mixture screws from 1/2 a turn out to 1 turn out...

raising needles is easier than you think ...just 2 allen bolts hold the slide rocker in place and once undone gives access to needles

Guest YoshiJohnny

dyno time will give you YOUR best settings Barry...

mine took a couple of hours setting up but lasted around the IOM..

I know banoffee has 140s in his carbs but I started too rich with 120s and worked backwards

mixture screws are 1/2 a turn out standard and 2.5 turns out is bordering on a pilot jet change .. std setting for needle is 3rd clip so it shows how old motors and carbs can differ..

Guest YoshiJohnny

do you still have the airbox ? If so use the rubbers instead of the filters you got... and get some ramair socks (£23 a pair of duals offf ramairs Eblag site)

It will run better with that set up than pods

OK.  Scabby Racer 1 and 2 (before they were renamed Scabby Racer 1 and 2) were nominally the same but the main jets were markedly different.  Scabby Racer 1 had standard needles on the next to bottom notch, 35 pilot jet, screw out 1.5 turns and 140 Main jet.  No filter or airbox. Motad Nexxus downpipes,  homemade link pipe and unknown silencer but believed to be Blue Flame length 16 inches.  AF ratio 12.5 - 13 - 12.5 7000rpm to 11000rpm. 100.25 rwbhp 50.25lbft and power curve as straight as a die.  Scabby Racer 2 differed only by full Micron.  Never got any torque readings on that one because of electrical interference but AF ratio similar but on 132.5 MJ.  All that this information tells you is hat you need to get it set up with a gas analyser under load on a dynamometer by someone who fully understands slide carbs.  The lad I use does understand them so gives me data I can make informed changed against and then re-run.  You need some full throttle runs and some where the carbs are wound open as the revs rise to tell you how the main jet, needle jet and needle are all operating.

Guest YoshiJohnny

flatslides need to be run at different throttle openings on the dyno to gauge what is happening with each circuit... crack the throttle open and it will give you an indication of the main jet, main air jet etc and how well it performs as a whole..

CVs open relative to manifold pressure as the revs rise if you crack the throttle open and you can use the data to adjust a bit more with all the circuits