CARBS (not Donuts) TM33 any good?

pigford

Tm33s or bored out vm29ss? Both would be good on 1100et got a set of tm33s on my 1170 gs1000. Work great. They will fit the head but don't know If you could adapt them to Your airbox if you are running one. Somebody will be along soon with more enlightenment on that:)Think the rule is you can fit anything to anything if you have time, patience,hammer and cash:D

As with any carb swap/change there will be the usual jetting, needle changes but for 1100et they will probably be close unless they have already been messed with. 

0806171243.jpg

Edited by Cheeky4648

Think the rs line of carbs got developed off the tm,s. :| Tm,s just seem a bit more compact But I think carbs are always down to how good they get set up no matter what type. After running rs type carbs in the past and now having a set of tm33.s I have to say I will stick with the tm carbs, IDK they just feel smoother all round. Good that your bell crank is in the middle not between 3 and 4 like mine. I had to mod the tank to make am fit. :) looking at your picture weather it's camera angle or something. The spacing looks equal across all four. Suzukis usually pair 1.2 closer 34 closer with a larger space in middle. Could be photo though. Use them!! They will be great old skool:)

Edited by Cheeky4648
19 hours ago, Cheeky4648 said:

Think the rs line of carbs got developed off the tm,s. :| Tm,s just seem a bit more compact But I think carbs are always down to how good they get set up no matter what type. After running rs type carbs in the past and now having a set of tm33.s I have to say I will stick with the tm carbs, IDK they just feel smoother all round. Good that your bell crank is in the middle not between 3 and 4 like mine. I had to mod the tank to make am fit. :) looking at your picture weather it's camera angle or something. The spacing looks equal across all four. Suzukis usually pair 1.2 closer 34 closer with a larger space in middle. Could be photo though. Use them!! They will be great old skool:)

Thanks for that info - not bought them yet, it's a mate who got them for his old Z900, but never used them!