On idle sounds like it's going to die then spits a flame out exhaust?

I've just changed the cam breather cover gasket it was a lot of work removing the thermostat so I had to move a lot of bits, I tested it before I fixed everything down and it started and idled fine for 10 minutes, after I put everything back together I went to go for a ride but after I started it up it sounded like it was going to die then popped and banged then spat a flame out the exhaust, I'm not sure what's happened because it was fine before I fixed everything down, just wondered if anyone knew what this could be? One of the spark plug plugs came off the ht lead but I fitted that back on and it idled fine.

Cheers

Thanks guys, I managed to find the problem, I fitted a t piece to the carb breather pipes because I have pod filters and ran them to a breather filter, iv diddly realise but one of the ends on the train piece was a few mm smaller than the opposite side to I drilled it out and it's fine now so it must of been sucking in uneven amounts of air to the different carbs.