GSX 1100 EF Suspension swap

On 3.7.2017 at 1:03 PM, no class said:

Yeah I got that Rick .....but if you're going to swap out that efe pogo stick front end for "inverted".....that usually comes with a wheel swap ..... swinger and wider rear wheel usualy follow ..... 

Thanks for the input. And Yes, i have come to the conclusion that i'm swapping the complete front end; tires brakes and everything. we'll see about the rear swinger ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.7.2017 at 10:03 AM, CockneyRick said:

So there you have it, 1100L/M best option, then 750L after that.  As said K series may look better but overall they fail on such a heavy brute of a bike ;) 

Thank you, think i have tracked down a 750L front End. not that big of a second hand market here in Norway, but hopefully i'll get what i need. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2017 at 1:32 PM, Nelson said:

Hi Zen,

What Baldrick says,

The 1100 W's are 770mm long, the 1100 M / N are 740 I think.

The water cooled were the longest I think & the heaviest of the GSXRs, so that might help with a big heavy EFE.

I put some 1100M's on a GSX 1100 & it was decking out very early, had to have them extended by 2 inch to sort it out.

I've got some W usds on my Slabby & they work a treat, great tyre choice, great brakes & no more diving.

PS. nice bike Rick.

Ended up with a complete front end from GSXR1100W,  thanks for the suggestion Nelson. 

Now to figure out the back end setup.

Edited by ZenViking
correcting spelling/writing
18 hours ago, Nelson said:

Nice one Zen, they’re not easy to come by. 

If your really lucky the last of the W’s has a real sweet swing arm  

Happy hunting & Happy New Year 

I wasn't planing on swapping the swing arm, but it might change as my project evolves as No class predicted. 

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

• Like 1