Im sure its been asked 100x but looking for 1127 to gs750 motor mount info

Like title says Im sure its been asked 100x but looking for 1127 to gs750 motor mount info Ive got a '77 GS750 and an 89 GSX1100F motor I want to swap to it I am searching for any info I can find to assist me in getting this thing mounted in. I do have the motor completely un-assembled right now and my next step is to mock up the empty cases and see what I can figure out but some pre-researched info would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...

Use the front engine mounts of the frame to fit the engine, then put a jack under the engine and jack it up till the chain runs clear! Then you make all the other mounts from scratch. On the old forum you will find some sketches butt not all are right.

you will have to do it and see what happens, good luck

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ET81 said:

Use the front engine mounts of the frame to fit the engine, then put a jack under the engine and jack it up till the chain runs clear! Then you make all the other mounts from scratch. On the old forum you will find some sketches butt not all are right.

you will have to do it and see what happens, good luck

Thats good if you want the engine mounted forward in the frame, but to keep the drive sprocket as close to the swing arm pivot point, mount the engine into the frame using the engine rear lower mounts then level the engine in the frame, before making the front mounts. it means making exhaust header extenders.

• Like 2

Whats the disadvantage of putting the engine on the original frame engine mounts? I did it this way and still had to extend the exhaust

21 minutes ago, 370steve said:

Thats good if you want the engine mounted forward in the frame, but to keep the drive sprocket as close to the swing arm pivot point, mount the engine into the frame using the engine rear lower mounts then level the engine in the frame, before making the front mounts. it means making exhaust header extenders.

Edited by ET81
Just now, ET81 said:

Whats the disadvantage of putting the engine on the original frame engine mounts?

If you use the front mounts, first one is that you will need to weld in new rear engine lower mounts.

second is that the further drive sprocket is from swing arm pivot the more the swing arm movement will effect chain tension.

• Like 1