90 1100 STAGE 3 MIXTURE SETTING

trike

OK hi old school chaps,im a newbie to site and this be my first post so please be gentle with me haha

this is such a common post probally,ive tried searching but can someone refresh me 

1990 gsxr 110 stage 3 with straight through 2" bore,been off road now 5 or 6 years carbs are set 4 turns out on mixture needle 2nd from bottom (bottom is pointy end yea)145 mains 

cant remember how it ran  but i do remember it juddering when cruising,

ok best base setting would be??

im going to to lower needles 1 groove so that will be 3 from bottom and 3.5 turns mixture

wot you reckon fellow suzi owners

Nick's (26).JPG

• Like 2

which brand jet kit? did it come with pilots? which pilots are in there? 

indeed you could try the needles in the middle setting. see if that makes it better or worse. The mixture screws seem to affect off idle and part throttle mostly. Like when you crack the throttle for a downshift is it crisp and responsive or does it cough half the time. Try the screws 2 or 3 turns out. if the problem is worse then I'd almost say go to 5 turns out... But at that point that means you could use bigger pilots I think.

19 hours ago, boilerdude said:

which brand jet kit? did it come with pilots? which pilots are in there? 

indeed you could try the needles in the middle setting. see if that makes it better or worse. The mixture screws seem to affect off idle and part throttle mostly. Like when you crack the throttle for a downshift is it crisp and responsive or does it cough half the time. Try the screws 2 or 3 turns out. if the problem is worse then I'd almost say go to 5 turns out... But at that point that means you could use bigger pilots I think.

Cheerz buddy will give it a shot 

I took the needles out and noticed wear at the top of needles would this affect response it in any way and can you purchase just the needles on their own?DSC_1333.JPG

DSC_1331.JPG