stator spec

katana11

Well folks Happy new year to ye all,

I have a question for ye ,my stator is 103 but the spec says it should be 93 my model is 1982 katana 1100 german import,the reason i ask this is my side casing was byond repair but when i got another it was too small, what is original spec for stator ?

I'm guessing it may be from the transition period, or someone's swapped a later motor in - how many cam cover bolts?

Anyway - if it's a 103mm stator, it'll be the 130mm rotor, and you'll need the larger PCD cover from a GSX1100 or 83+ kat.

Besides the PCD difference, the mounting face is offset by 3.5mm (which may cause problems), and the small stator won't charge with the big rotor.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

I'm guessing it may be from the transition period, or someone's swapped a later motor in - how many cam cover bolts?

Anyway - if it's a 103mm stator, it'll be the 130mm rotor, and you'll need the larger PCD cover from a GSX1100 or 83+ kat.

Besides the PCD difference, the mounting face is offset by 3.5mm (which may cause problems), and the small stator won't charge with the big rotor.

thanks Gamma fair play to u,a great help