GS1000G seats lugs... help!

GreedyWorm

Bit of a random one but I wonder if anyone can shed any light. I've got a 1981 GS1000G and had been on the lookout for an original seat for ages. I found one in great condition but when I got it, it didn't fit. The seller knows his onions and is convinced that it was a standard 850/1000 shaft drive seat.

Years back I bought an after market seat, which I'm sure I would have bought specifically for a shafty and it fitted straight on. I guess my frame mounting points could have been adapted at some point in the past and it was just luck that the seat fitted. So... does anyone know what the standard width between the mounting points should be? On my frame they are 200 mm from centre to centre whereas the brackets on the seat come in at 175 mm. Any advice gratefully received! 

Cannot help with the sizes (as the one on my bike have been cut off) but I know the shaft and chain drive seats are not the same and the gs850 tank and side panels are not the same as the gs1000g but the 850 tank will go on the 1000 frame.

Best ring to do is have a look on fleebay for a seat and ask what the spacing is if no help on here, sometimes the best part of the bay now a days lol