Leaking oil return pipe, 750L

Grr.. so the GSXR750 motor in my 600 teapot has started to weep oil at the top of one of the return tubes that run from the head to the sump. I really, really don't want to remove the head again and think I must have nicked the new o ring during the rebuild, my question is do folk think I'd get away with silicon seal around the outside of the tube? It's not under pressure and heat won't be an issue as I have used silicon to seal my expansion pipe manifolds on my X7 two stroke sprint bike with no issues. Failing the obvious, strip and rebuild I'm open to other suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

Well all bodges, silicon, araldite, milliput etc. have failed miserably and it's now blindingly obvious that the head has to come off and new tubes and OE O rings need to be fitted along with a new head gasket I guess, which is annoying given that since the rebuild this gasket has seen a couple of engine starts only, damn!! I'm not sure it'll be that easy doing it in situ in the teapot frame so it's going to have to come out of the frame and in view of this I'm shelving the the 600F/GSXR750 sleeper project and going to try instead to shoehorn the motor into my '87 GSX550ES and use the teapots front and rear end as well, not sure if it's a straightforward swap though or even if the oil burner will fit in the frame, worth a go though and probably a lot more sleeper like than the old teapot :-)