well, that was an expensive phone call..............

When I swapped engines t'other month I had a general look over the carbs and noticed that the wearing on the jet needles had got worse, the spacers had worn ridges into them and a couple of the diaphrams were caught under the carb top, not split but not far off. Ok best get some new needles, spacers, and diaphrams then. After a bit of searching I contacted Allens Performance, up Nottingham way and had a very productive chat with 'Dave'.

He did some digging for me and my intial choice of needle number was wrong, it was so worn off it read as a different code! We found the correct needles and they are now on the way, as are two diaphrams and 8 spacers! It turns out that there are two different size spacers and the only way I can find out which ones I need is measure the originals, as Suzuki won't let Allens know what the part number refers to spacer size 1 or 2  , that will be 4 of each then, its easier ( only 50p each  ;) ).

The downside is my bank account is now down £120!! That does include postage though :)) .......

Fun with carbs next week then hopefully  ;) !

Edited by badgerkdd
uncooperative smiley..................
  • 2 weeks later...