Electrical fart

Afternoon people. Just went to get on the bike and get off to a meeting but the ignition fuse blew. Initially there was a noise like a ricocheting bullet then nothing. Have replaced the fuse twice with the head light and signal fuses but they both blew the instant I touched the starter button. EZ1100. Ideas?

do you have a spare solenoid to try a different one?

if not you could disconnect your solenoid (the switch part, not the start button circuit) and check that it's either the solenoid circuit or the button circuit.

I'd plump for checking the solenoid with a DMM as the button circuit is control current, not high current to switch the fuck off starter motor cabling.

do you have a spare solenoid to try a different one?

if not you could disconnect your solenoid (the switch part, not the start button circuit) and check that it's either the solenoid circuit or the button circuit.

I'd plump for checking the solenoid with a DMM as the button circuit is control current, not high current to switch the fuck off starter motor cabling.

Yup, it's a short on the low current side of the starter circuit. Going to go chase it down now....