Carb guru required

Hi. My 750L gsxr is running like crap.

I pulled the top of the carbs off and noticed the usual worn out needles and ovalised emulsion  tube. I've been raking through my box marked "carbs", and found a selection of jets, tubes n needles. 

Now the bike runs an airbox which I want to keep, but it also has a micron pipe.

So I'm wondering if these emulsion tubes and needles are out of a std bike. I think so because they're in a dynojet box and probably were replaced, and I seem to remember dynojet needles being stepped?

Would anyone like to confirm?

Also wonder if I can use dynojet jets with std needles? Anyone know of any issues this might cause. 

I'm planning the 118 mains.

Thanks

17251175386138358066889646404446.jpg

Dynojet needles won't work with Mikuni emulsion tubes, same for dynojet emulsion tubes and stock needles. Also dynojet emulsion tubes don't have any markings on them, Mikuni ones do, makes it easier to tell them apart. Dynojet needles are Ti and a different profile from stock. Those needles in that photo look more like stock needles to me. Also the emulsion tubes for the BST38s are discontinued, so hopefully one of those sets is still good.

As far as mixing Dynojet jets with standard stuff, you can but their numbering is totally different from Mikuni for jet sizes. There are charts online that roughly show the equivalent sizes, but you're better off sticking with standard Mikuni jets if everything else in the carbs are fairly stock.

You can also lower the needles a notch and see if the bike runs a little better to confirm that it is the emulsion tubes causing your problems. Good luck.

• Like 1

yes im fairly certain these are the needles and emulsion tubes i took out when i fitted the dynojet kit, about 20 odd years ago lol. they are in remarkably good condition.

im hoping to get the emulsion tubes out of the carbs without removing them from the bike.

should be a challenge.

thanks for replying, ill leave the jets that are currently fitted

• Like 1

Gotta remove the main jets from the bottom to get the emulsion tubes out. Yours should have the access holes in the float bowls to get to the mains, so you should be able to get them out without removing them. Hopefully save you the headache of dealing with the air box.

Edited by Upshotknothole
spelling