Mk 1 1200 rear shock swap/upgrade

Ive done a bit searching as to looking for an easy rear shock swap for my mk1 bandit 1200 and seems that the k7 k8 gsxr 1000 sounds like a fairly easy swap with just some washers for spacers needed. 

Has anyone done this and if so is there a noticeable difference in handling 

Yes loads of them, its the shock i use all the time on mark 1 bandits, as its easiest to fit,

As to improving handling, depends how fat you are, :Dif like me you are adult sized, it could need re spinging with a stiffer spring to enable getting the right amount of static sag. also  they raise the rear a bit to make it turn in quicker, alright if you have long legs, but easeily fixable with longer dog bones if its too high.

NPBEXls.jpg

had one on my shiny one for years.....

works a treat..

8tt95HM.jpg

• Like 5
On 2/8/2024 at 5:25 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

Yes loads of them, its the shock i use all the time on mark 1 bandits, as its easiest to fit,

As to improving handling, depends how fat you are, :Dif like me you are adult sized, it could need re spinging with a stiffer spring to enable getting the right amount of static sag. also  they raise the rear a bit to make it turn in quicker, alright if you have long legs, but easeily fixable with longer dog bones if its too high.

NPBEXls.jpg

had one on my shiny one for years.....

works a treat..

8tt95HM.jpg

How long is such a shock eye to eye?

Got in my 750f a 290 mm I thought standard, had a 1100r one of 310 mm? That was the max and little over. My current WP is 300 mm but had better times so checking out for replacement 

20 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Mk 1 B12 is 305 mm the k7/8 is 310-315 mm:tu

Thnx for your info, verry much appreciated!

Quess it's worth a try, saw them for 55 euro, better than hundreds for revision of an old simpel wp shock (y)

For now other priorities but when I buy such a shock, I will give my feedback to you.