Blasted forks

My gsx1100ez forks have developed a lot of play in the sliders amongst other problems with the damping anti dive etc. on stripping them down I found they were full of grit where the previous owner had the sliders blasted and powder coated and not cleaned the out properly, so basically they are completely knackered, so I think the best bet is replace them completely. So it occurred to me I could fit something better with proper brakes etc, but not USD so I wondered if anyone had any suggestions or experience in what might fit. It would be handy if I could retain the original front wheel for looks and plus I just fitted a new tyre. Many thanks.

all depends on how handy you are with the tools ?  anything can be made to fit with a bit of work.  the obvious choice of forks for me are Bandit 12 or GSXR11.  then sort out the difference in spindle sizes and making brackets for callipers !!!!  also changing the stem and making a mudguard fit. :/ 

• Like 1