Mk1 B12 rear wheel travel

PaintItBlack

I’m modifying a ‘99 mk1 1200 bandit, I’ve built a new subframe top rail and adding seat from a 900 bonneville,

need to know what the rear wheel travel is so I don’t whack the underside of the seat when on full compression,

a bit of research suggests it’s 135mm wheel travel from fully extended to fully compressed, but I think that’s for newer models than mine, 

can anyone confirm if my bike would be the same ?

currently have about 180mm with back wheel off the ground to underside of seat, would suit me better if I could safely lower the seat another 25-30mm

thanks

Edited by PaintItBlack
More info

depends if you haved a standard old bandit shock, how fat are you, do you ride 2 up??????

Ive got a standard one here with an under tray and it shows 160 mm top of tyre to undertray, and that hasnt got any marks of the tyre hitting????

You can always raise the ride height in the rear anyway...:tu

Only way to be absolutely sure is to take the spirng off the shock and refit it and lower it down onto the bump stop..:)

Thanks for the reply and taking a measurement,

made some adjustments and now have 165mm clearance, may be able to safely grab another 10mm, which I think would get closer to achieving the look I’m going for,

currently the bike has the original clapped out shock fitted, but won’t have by the time I’ve finished this build, thinking maybe hyperpro, they seem to be a good shock for the money