Fuel pressure keeps vanishing

I keep getting an issue of at random getting zero static fuel pressure or at best very little. No leaks. 1st time it did it I had .3 psi so limped home off boost and adjusted the regulator to 2.5 and it was fine for 5 miles then did it again. Turned the pump on and off a few times and was back to normal but I can't repeat it doing that. Any ideas what's causing it? Is my regulator fucked? I'm gonna take it off shortly and check the diaphragm. Fuel pump, as far as I can tell is fine. I went as far as checking the seals inside of it for damage but all looks fine. The pump hasn't stopped running or anything clogged. 

Haven't ridden it to check (raining again) but when I took the regulator apart, diaphragm looked fine, spring wasn't sticking or anything but when I reassembled it I've gained 1psi base pressure. I'd guess something wasn't right and now it's reseated itself? Need to stick some miles in and see if it behaves