Wiseco 1327

rodneya

Need to put together a motor for my 84 1150 project, and I have two options.

1150 motor with flowed head, Web 168 grind cams and what Im told is a either a 1198 or 1230 top end, or a 83 gsx1100E bottom end with a 1327 Wiseco big block and probably the same 1150 head.

Both motors will need to be rebuilt and the bike probably wont see huge milage each year.

What are opinions on the wiseco block with the flat top pistons? I cant find much online about them.

wiseco.thumb.jpg.b1170390ef4c42e73625da42ef65467a.jpgIMG_E8791.thumb.JPG.d668956b28bad2cabf57f27e2155c078.JPGIMG_8790.thumb.JPG.3f0cf87e85fc31ff5c780725ff19c6ff.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I'd run the 1327 BIG Block myself. As there's No substitute for c.i.

I'd strongly recommend checking out Total Seals YouTube page & feed yourself with the wealth of knowledge Lake Speed Jr has been handing out for free...

The new FACTS on actual cylinder honing & true finish needed for good sealing is way different than majority of us have been taught to believe... That being said I'd also Strongly recommend you send that jugs out to IF you don't have a local up to date machine shop. BUT they have to have special expensive tool that measures the cylinder finish to even correctly hone... The finish being left on the cylinder walls (grooves) is needed to carry oil (hold) for the rings to seal.

That BIG motor will be much more fun to ride & have stupid torque that you only get from that sized engine...

Just my 411