Restoring a 1983 GS750ED

Bought her late August and have been on a tear to get it as original as possible. How many of you 'restorers' use Eblag for finding those unobtanium parts? What other resources do you use? The handlebar situation on my bike needed to be remedied. Thanks to Eblag I was able to locate a nice set of ES 'flat' risers versus the enormous 'neutral' version that come stock on the bike. 

20221019_183256.jpg

Edited by AnotherGeezer125
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The old-style master cylinder didn't provide the 'feel' I wanted so I swapped it out for a 1st gen 14mm Hayabusa/Nissin master cylinder. This also allows the use of an adjustable brake lever. Great for shorter fingers. Bleeding the front brakes with those useless fork damper parts is a chore but I'm going to remove them and use the block off plates sold by FastFromthePast as well as their Tarozzi fork brace to tame that 16" front wheel. Ordered the EBC floating rotors to finish off the front and rear brake improvements. Hoping to shave a few feet off the original 60-0 stop time in the 130's. My winter resto-rod fix is going to be a busy one.

Edited by AnotherGeezer125
Added info