Modified JPN clock bracket to hold UK clocks

Recently I acquired a good set of UK clocks that I wanted to fit to my 1985 GSXR750F JPN import am

and asked on this forum if anyone had done it and if so what dimensions did they use. Toni was also interested. As I didn't get a reply thought I would post the following.

-in the first picture the JPN clocks mounted, they have 3 mounting points. 2 that bolt to clips mounted on the lower bar of the clock bracket and one upright bar that holds the upper section of the clock assembly near the left backside of the petrol gauge.

-remove the lower bar clip on the left side of the clock bracket and save it, remove the upright bar and save it as they will be reused. Leave the lower clip on the right side of the clock bracket for now.

-attach a scrap piece of flat bar to the clip on the right side of the clock bracket as this will be used to eye up the UK clock  assembly angle prior to welding on the new brackets

-mount the saved bar clip that was removed and attach it with a bolt to the UK clocks, lower middle area of clock assembly

-hold the assembly onto the existing clock bracket with the clip straddling the central T section of the existing clock bracket. 

-angle the UK clock assembly so the right hand side mounting surface is flush with the temporary flat bar that was attached via the remaining right side clip, weld the clip in place at the central T section

-file to fit the removed upright bar and bolt it to the top of the UK clocks on the left side, weld it to the existing clock bracket.

-removed the right side clip that the flat bar was temporarily attached to and grind the area smooth.

-make up a 2nd upright bar from steel tubing  with a bend that replicates that of the one that was reused and bolt it to the upper right side of the UK clocks, weld it in place to the existing clock bracket

-paint the modified assembly and your done

I do apologize for the long winded explanation but I said I would do it and now I have. Hope it helps Toni, any questions send me a PM and I promise not to bore the rest of the world ridged!!!   

gs13.jpg

kph5.jpg

bkt1.jpg

brk2.jpg

• Like 2