Newbie GSXR1100W - suddenly running pretty rough

Hi all, pics of my GSXR1100W attached. I had an issue last week where the starter solenoid decided to stick on after washing the bike. I sorted this out and now the bike runs like a bag of spanners ( this may be completely unrelated) So far I have changed plugs - all are sparking and firing. Checked diaphragms in all carbs. Checked for inlet manifold air leaks - all are fine. The bike is well down on power and at idle is knocking, almost sounding like it’s running on 3 cylinders but it’s not. When I changed the plugs it seemed to clear, ran well for about a minute and then back to running rough. 
the bike has been sat for around 6 months but started reasonably regularly so I am at a bit of a loss, any ideas would be very welcome.Thanks.  

93C88EDD-1539-49BB-ADDC-A88A799FB7F0.jpeg

B0CBBA4A-5B7B-43F5-A7BE-F3CA44C641AD.jpeg

• Like 1

Sounds like your fuel has gone to shit and drawn in water. Throwing fresh fuel in on top won't help because the water sits at the bottom of the tank as its heavier than the fuel. If you get any water in a carb it reacts with fuel to form petroleum jelly that'll clog a carb up.

I'd start with removing the fuel tank and draining the carbs first. Use an auxiliary tank with fresh fuel to see if problem goes away. If it does, drain out the fuel tank (in a clear container to see any water at the bottom when fuel settles.

If problem persists, carb overall.   

The pic below is what I drained out of a set of freshly rebuilt carbs after I put back on a fuel tank with 5 or 6 month old fuel in it that was topped up with a fresh gallon. Tap was missing knob so left permanently set on reserve so It drew in water sitting bottom of tank. (bottom layer in jug).

20220401_152616.jpg

Hi, I had something like this on my 1100m, it turned out to be one of the coils  ,the connection between the ht lead and the coil had rusted, and when it warmed up , she missed like a b1tch, find which cylinder she is not firing on, then swap the coils over, to see if the problem follows, other than that, I would s