GSXR750 VM29SS carb question.

Jaydee

Working on an 85 GSXR 750 set of flatsides. Ripping them apart at the mo so I can begin to clean them and recalibrate. Looking at the Haynes, it states that the mixture screws should be turned in and back out HALF A TURN. Doesn't seem much compared to turns out on CV type carbs. As Haynes is never wrong;), I thought I'd double check on here just to make sure as I don't want to be pulling the carbs out again.:)

Good call YoshiJohnny. The o-rings were squashed to death. Forgot the flatter thickness would affect the mixture screws true position. Have a little baggie with a load of o-rings that size stored in a safe place. So safe even I can't remember where I put the little fuckers. O.o

• Like 1

the only way to find them is to order some original ones from Suzuki costing a zillion monies.

The next day you will find your baggie.

Usually for me, it's when the job completely done and bikes back with its owner I'll find them while looking for the next thing I've lost. :D