Fuel tap hole centre measurements

27 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

Get a Pingle, lower profile than the stock petcocks.

The one I have has an adapter for the fitting that spaces it down and on several models that creates interference issues betwixt tank and motor.  I saw on here somewhere where the adapter was either milled down or a bung welded to the tank to accept it directly.   

6 minutes ago, 2scars said:

The one I have has an adapter for the fitting that spaces it down and on several models that creates interference issues betwixt tank and motor.  I saw on here somewhere where the adapter was either milled down or a bung welded to the tank to accept it directly.   

Yeah, it's a tight fit with the adapter plate in 7/11s, but I've ran them in slingshots. If you need more room, they sell a bung that can be welded directly into the tank. Planning on doing that with one of my tanks that is paper thin around the petcock area from rust.

Cheers might just be easier getting new tank and the proper fitment or pingel tap, do any of you know what model this tank would be off of then that being a 40mm hole diameter ?? I was lex believe this was a 1989 k model but appears there 45mm, throughout would this be off a smaller model gsxr400, bandit are 35mm I think, will pingel work better with  bandit motor in frame ?