Suzuki GS550E Carbs

Hello! I have a Suzuki 1978 GS550E. I got it from a friend and it needed carb work. I took it to a reputable shop nearby. Turns out I need a new rack to rebuild them because someone jbwelded one of the carbs and so it’s not usable. Long story short, he got carbs that don’t fit, they are for a 550 not the e version, or else some other slight difference that causes them to be misaligned and not fit. Since then we haven’t been able to find another set. I found a set of carbs for the 550E, but the year is unknown, so what I’m wondering is, does anybody know if any ranges of years of the GS550E carbs are compatible with each other, or if anyone else has any better recommendations! Thanks!

I concur with what Hannibal just posted.   I also have a 1978 GS550E.  Any GS550 up through 1979 should have interchangeable carbs.  Does the whole rack need to be replaced?  If just one carb is messed up, it may be easier/cheaper to just replace that one rather than the whole rack.