Gs850 VIN decoding

Apples

So I’ve added a GS850 to my collection. Another find, this time in someone’s yard. It has sat since 2014, or at least that’s the last time it had a plate. Anyway, trying to figure out what year it is. Attached are a few pictures along with the VIN. Can someone explain how to decode the VIN so I can know how they work? I know how the 17 digit ones work, just unsure on this one. VIN is GS850-101332 

C273AC1B-0F3A-45A5-9B13-4FB39E0F2FE7.jpeg

3E7A9FC3-8FE5-4174-ADEE-4E67700A52C6.jpeg

Edited by Apples

Most of the online VIN decoders are looking for 17 characters/digits.  The GS850 on your head stock must have another translation that looks something like this   JS1GS71G4B2    the serial number 101332 would follow to complete the 17 digits.   Looks like an 81.   Google search Suzuki Motorcycle Vin Decoders. There is usually a fee involved.  Most of the GS850G use the designation I posted.  See also https://www.vincheckup.com/motorcycles/suzuki  

7 hours ago, Isleoman said:

Most of the online VIN decoders are looking for 17 characters/digits.  The GS850 on your head stock must have another translation that looks something like this   JS1GS71G4B2    the serial number 101332 would follow to complete the 17 digits.   Looks like an 81.   Google search Suzuki Motorcycle Vin Decoders. There is usually a fee involved.  Most of the GS850G use the designation I posted.  See also https://www.vincheckup.com/motorcycles/suzuki  

The sticker on the head stock is totally unreadable and the guy I got this from is unsure of the year. He is going to apply for the lost title sometime soon (I hope). Is there anywhere else on the bike that might have a VIN? I looked at my 78 GS1000 and didn’t see anywhere else other than the sticker or the stamp on the head stock.