GS500M Katana spare parts - Rare bike

Zuomine

Hi there! I am new to the forum and new to the Suzuki world as well.

I recently came across a rare bike in Europe, a Suzuki GS500M Katana from 1982. From what I've gathered so far, the engine is from a 1981 GS500E and the frame is from 1982 GS550M Katana. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have a good retailer/webshop in Europe to buy parts for a bike like this?

1 minute ago, wraith said:

Welcome to OSS

As far as I know, the gs500 (4 cylinder) was a grey import for Japan and with some different parts basically a gs550 with smaller sleeves.

Thank you for the reply! What do you mean by ”smaller sleeves”? Are you suggesting that GS550 engine/carb parts could fit the bike? On another forum an enthusiast told me that engine parts from GS500 would fit.

Not a expert on the gs500 just what I was told by a good bike garage, the reason for the 500 in Japan was for there tax bit? 

From what he told me the 550 carbs (with rejeting for smaller bores) fit, the exhaust fitted. I was told this because I was looking at one years ago and thinking of putting a 650 top end on it as the bike was cheep.

Like I said just what I'm told but someone on here will know 100% and will be along