1100f Resurrection

New here. So I'm pulling my 93 powerscreen out of mothballs after 8 years.  I had 2 issues with the bike when I stored it I need to address. One is the rear shock is so sacked it barely will stay on the side stand. The preload is as far as it will go.  With out dumping tons of cash I need to repair this. I searched the vault and found the shock length chart but no 1100f is listed. If anyone has info on what is a good donor shock?

The second issue is a persistent oil leak somewhere around the valve cover. I replace all the seals and the leak remained 8 years ago. I think I remember a common issue with that but I don't recall the details. Any help would be awesome. I will post some pics in the appropriate section as soon as I get back to it. The bike is a true survivor, original paint and all. Very excited to get her back on the road. Again. Sorry for the long post. 

Edited by banoffee
Read the rules
  • Like 1

Welcome to OSS (y)

If you have found the stock length chart, can you measure you shock to compare?

I've never heard of a common fault with cam cover oil leaks but you do find the rubbers under the 8 large caps that hold the can cover down sometimes get worn so look at replacing them if you haven't.

There will be someone who knows more about these engines than me coming along.

I suppose being from the USA we should give you one miss type calling a power screen a Kat xD but only the once ;)

PS stick around, we will have you putting gsxr running gear on it with a big bore and a turbo xD as you need a rear shock and engine work you may as well :D

Some on here has just done a very nice job in the running gear part.

Edited by wraith
Add a bit
  • Like 1