Crankshaft relative to camshafts and stator

6 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

All the info is there on the picture! Position crank so T mark is just before pick up as shown, then fit ex. camshaft so #1 mark aligns with cover machined surface then count 21/22 pins back on cam chain and fit IN. cam with #3 mark at that pin - all done!

Start kicking yourself now!(y)

ok so as long as I didn't dick with the signal generator position I should be fine?

Happy to kick my own arse

I am kinda pedantic and like to understand the relationship between TDC and cam position. Wasted spark ignition I get 1 and 4 fire but how do I get the timing between crank piston and cam accurate?

Edited by kiwisuzuki1100nz
14 minutes ago, kiwisuzuki1100nz said:

ok so as long as I didn't dick with the signal generator position I should be fine?

I am kinda pedantic and like to understand the relationship between TDC and cam position. Wasted spark ignition I get 1 and 4 fire but how do I get the timing between crank piston and cam accurate?

The timing wheel is 'keyed' to the crankshaft so its virtually impossible although i'm sure some muppet somewhere has managed it!

If you have the suzuki workshop manual it usually has a diagram indicating the camshaft timings related to TDC - just know that for a stock bike the advice / positions noted are correct and will work. Adjustable sprockets will be required to move cam timing and unless you know what you are doing - DON'T . . . . . . . pistons partying with valves always gets messy!

• Like 3