EFE fork spacing

Coose

Hi,

This is my first post here so go gentle!

Having just bought my first Suzuki since I sold my EFE in 1993, I'm in the planning stage of doing a few mods.

It's an '83 750 Katana (16/17" wheels) with an 1100 motor, where I have a Yamaha fitment front Astralite that I want to fit but it won't squeeze between the forks. I could skim a bit off the disc carriers, but I'm looking at other options such as different yokes.

I've searched this morning but failed dismally, so I was wondering if anyone knows the spacing of EFE forks as I could use a set of these yokes if they're wider?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm after, many thanks! :)(y)

Ah sorry, I've only just signed up, but as with most bike-related forums if I still have the bike I'm generally quite positively active.

To follow from my initial post, I'm planning a vague Wes Cooley build as I already have a US-spec '81 Z1000J done as a round tank Lawson rep, currently parked up next to the Kat in the garage. I can't stretch to an RG500 front end, but if you squint the stock forks look similar, as do EFE calipers so that might be the way forward. The Zed has linear fork springs and emulators in its 38mm forks, which are about as flexible as the rest of the chassis and make for lots of fun!

Once I get to the building stage I'll maybe start a build thread, albeit the Kat is currently in one piece at the moment.

• Like 3