Electric issues GSX 1100 ES

ikkz

Good afternoon gentlemen, I have an electronic problem with my 1985 GSX 1100 ES. As far as I can tell, the ES is equipped with the original wiring. Unfortunately, I have persistent problems with my turninglights, they stay on when I turn on the turn signal ( don't blinck), and they all stay on when I turn on the lights. Re-measuring everything also shows two problems, there is no electricity on the city light and the rear light. The brake light is on when the brake is applied :S. There is a brown thread running towards both the city light and the rear light, so far as far as I can see it does not seem to be broken. All fuses are good, the flashing relay is new, all lamps have been replaced. I have no idea where the problem can come from.

Who can help me further so that I can solve the problems?

I get the random flashing of warning lights on the cluster on my 1150 (US model), but they have never interfered with proper operation of the lights. The loom may need inspection for possible wire damage. Bad grounds also cause odd random issues. 

When my fuel gauge failed, I found a wire broken internally- the outside looked perfectly fine.    

Blubber helped me on my way with an idea that I can continue with, thanks for that.  Most of the wiring and connectors has been checked but you cannot  see from the outside what a wire is like inside.

First i will check out Blubber his idea and hopefully it will solve my problems.

Thanks guys!