Captive wheelspacers

You thinking proper captive or cheating.

Proper captive and you need at least 2mm of material going right through the depth of the bearing and a spacer tube that floats into the center, accurately.

There won't be a lot of spindle left unless you get very lucky with oversize bearings, but if you can find them they won't be cheap.

Seal captive bearings are cheating, need careful design if they are not going to wreck seals for fun and need careful finishing, so worth making sure that they are made of a really good material.

Hi Rene. I too will attempt captive spacers. It will be for my 750 J race bike I started to build earlier this year. The wheels I got for it is lightweight HRC SP2 units. The HRC spindle size is bigger than the slingshot spindle, possibly allowing me to pull it off. I also want to do it in the rear if possible. 

We did it years back when we built my DR500 / VJ 21 Super mono racer. With that build we used TZ 'D' wheels and they were spec'ed for captive spacers. We had to make new ones as we used RGV forks in that build. I still have that bike.