GSXR750 bandit1200 dot head

Otatts

Hey guys I’m new here. 

Been reading a lot here about the bandit1200 with the DOT 750 head (both of which I have) but most of what I’ve read is about fitting this engine in a bandit 1200 chassis.

Question I have is will this engine combo fit in a GSXR750 second gen frame?? Has anyone here tried?

Ive already got the bandit 12 motor in it and it’s a tight fit. Read the intake angle is steeper on the DOT head so carb clearance might be an issue??

Cheers O

E74D7DDA-43EB-47AD-87B8-99B71C0292CC.png

Tight is good! :) A DOT head from an 88/89 GSX-R 750 or early GSX-F has a raised inlet (appr. 15 mm at the carb rubbers). Either head, it will fit your frame, but the filters may be slightly deformed. Foam filters on trumpets will work fine. 

It's been a long time since I fitted an 1127 into an 88 750 frame but I remember that I had to replace the petrol tap. I bolted a block to the tank with the original two bolts, and fitted a 90 degree elbow and a 1/4" ball valve (teflon ball) to the block. Some people raise the rear end of the tank slightly to solve the clearance issue.  

Edited by Nik
  • Like 1