Fuel tap issues, please help

Having issues with my 91 750 fuel tap. It leaks fuel from the 2 outlets on any position, worst in prime though. Bought a rebuild kit but no difference. Anyone got any advice? Have I rebuilt it wrong by chance? Can I disable the vacuum function and use as on old school on / off?

Going a tour a week from now so can’t really order anything now for chance it may not show up. 

Thanks, Robbie. 

12 minutes ago, Nik said:

Does it flow petrol when not under vacuum?

Yes, holding the tank off the bike which petrol, all flows  out. Tried holding my finger on the vacuum outlet but still flows out the 2 outlets. 

Ok. Obviously something is wrong with your tap. A temporary solution, to save your upcoming trip, may be to use some lockable hose pliers on the petrol hose when you're away, and fix it properly when you return. 

36 minutes ago, Nik said:

Ok. Obviously something is wrong with your tap. A temporary solution, to save your upcoming trip, may be to use some lockable hose pliers on the petrol hose when you're away, and fix it properly when you return. 

Not too confortable doing that, could end up splitting the lines or something. I thought there was a way to turn the vacuum feature off and use the taps as on / off while losing your reserve function?