Interchangability

DMD

Hi all. Building a cafe racer of a Bandit 12 frame which will be good enough to grace the pages of this site. Need a little info.

Will 1100 W forks fit Bandit 1200 Mk1 yokes and will I be able to use all the bandit running gear.

I've seen the post on the old site putting slingshot forks in a bandit 12 just not sure if the later 1100's are classed as slinshots. Cheers.

Hi all. Building a cafe racer of a Bandit 12 frame which will be good enough to grace the pages of this site. Need a little info.

Will 1100 W forks fit Bandit 1200 Mk1 yokes and will I be able to use all the bandit running gear.

I've seen the post on the old site putting slingshot forks in a bandit 12 just not sure if the later 1100's are classed as slinshots. Cheers.

Gsxr 1100 w forks fit yokes with a 50mm top and 55mm bottom so won't fit bandits yokes (43mm top and bottom) I've used a set of 1100 W forks with a set of yokes from a TL1000S and my bandit. Had to have a small bit of machine work done on the bottom yoke to fit a bandit stem and bore about .50mm so the forks would fit. The TL1000S yokes lockstops are a prefect match for the bandit headstock. Have about 3mm clearance from the the forks touching the oil cooler either side so have the maximum turn available.

the 2  gsxr  1100 sets ive fitted to bandits were 52mm top and 56mm bottom, swopped stems over in the yokes  drilled and tapped 2 x 8mm holes for bolts for lock stops and in they  went, then you can use the bandit 1200 wheel, discs, callipers, spindle and  speedo drive, all you need is 4 x 2mm spacers to get the callipers to line up with discs, f you use slingy discs then you don't need themB|

heres some I made earlier for a 1200 mark 1 bandit, they were 1100 S 95 if I remember correctly:)

DSCF4490.jpg