Clutch Question

I might be having a senior moment here :pimp: I recently fitted new clutch friction plates into 'The GSish' , I did the recommended oil soak prior to fitment. It was fine to start with but I am finding that pretty much every time i start bike from cold and engage 1st gear, the bike will jump forward and yesterday was enough to stall engine. I am using 10w40 oil and its fresh, the cable is in good condition and properly lubricated and adjusted (3-4mm freeplay at end of travel). What have i done wrong here? have I missed something?

Not that it makes any difference at this stage - what fibres OEM or aftermarket? The former are better by miles once the clutch has worn in.

Unless you change the basket when you change fibers, the clunk / lurch / stall is a symptom of wear / notches in the basket splines and nice sharp edges to the fiber fingers. Rounding off the sharp edges can help as can filing the splines smooth.

• Like 1